CHEMO INFUSION COOLING Wrap
Chemo-Wrap (Set of 4 Wraps)
Fits comfortably on both sides of the hands and feet to help prevent nail toxicities and peripheral neuropathy caused by certain types of chemotherapy drugs. Two frozen gel bags, enclosed in a white antimicrobial bandage layer, stay firmly in place, and provide 3+ hours of safe, effective cooling.
- Versatile design with adjustable compression straps fit on the hands and feet to deliver compression and cold without sacrificing comfort.
- Covers the entire dorsal (top) aspect of the hand/foot and the entire palmer/plantar (bottom) aspects of the hand/foot
- Antimicrobial liner that wicks moisture
- Open design allows airflow and quick access to the hands/feet by easily sliding on and off
- Recommended HCPCS Code: A9273
Made in the USA • One size fits most
*See Features & Benefits below for more information.
For facility pricing, contact a rep by clicking the FIND A REP button below.
To purchase as an individual, click the BUY NOW button below.
Features & Benefits
- Gel Pouch Liners are Antimicrobial
- Wicks Away Moisture
- Keeps Surgical Site Dry
- Acts as a Barrier Between Gel Bag & Skin
100% Mobility - Not Tethered to Any Cooler or Ice Bag
COLD 4 HOURS
- SMI Gel Bags Cool the Targeted Area for 3+ Hours
- Mini-Ice Pillows Maintain a Safe, Continuous Therapeutic Temp
- Non-Toxic Formula Allows Gel Bag to Mold Perfectly to Target Area.
- Moisture Wicking Fabric Keeps Condensation Away for Comfort
- Synthetic Fibers Won't Harbor Harmful Bacteria
- Hand/Machine Washable (AIR DRY ONLY)
4-Way Stretch for Effective Compression & Fit
- Extra Wide Proprietary Straps
- Provide Superior Compression
- Hold Wrap in Place for Ambulation
- Reduce Edema
- Comfortable Without Reducing Circulation
Click on an image to view, print or download the document.
SMI offers 3 types of proven therapies in one easy-to-use product:
Cold Therapy • Heat Therapy • Compression Therapy
Also known as Cryotherapy, Cold Therapy is used mainly for joint pain and aches. It reduces blood flow to the area of the body to which it's applied. This reduces the inflammation that leads to pain and can also temporarily reduce nerve activity. Additional effects include controlling hemorrhage, preventing edema (swelling) and blocking pain receptors.
Cold Therapy Therapeutic Uses:
- Reduce or stop bleeding
- Slow bacterial activity
- Relieve postoperative pain following surgical procedure, dental surgeries, headaches, or muscle or joint injury.
- Prevent swelling in injured tissues
- Prevent peristalsis in patients with abdominal inflammation
- Reduce bruising
- Control pain and fluid loss in the initial treatment of burns
- Diminish muscle contraction and spasm
Heat Therapy is used mainly for muscle pain and aches. It helps improve blood flow and circulation to an injured area and helps to relieve discomfort while improving muscle flexibility for recovery. Heat Therapy can also heal damaged tissue. Heat causes vasodilation of the blood vessels, which increases blood flow to the area of application. This in turn, increases the amount of oxygen, nutrients, and white blood cells delivered to the body tissues. In addition, vasodilation assists in the removal of waste products from injured tissues.
Heat Therapy Therapeutic Uses:
- Relieve localized pain, stiffness, or aching in joints or muscles
- Decrease muscle spasm and tightness
- Increase muscle flexibility
- Increase blood flow to the area
- Promote wound healing
- Reduce inflammation
Compression Therapy uses controlled pressure to increase blood flow to certain areas and improve blood flow to the heart. It supports veins and decreases edema (swelling). Compression Therapy is found to be the most effective when it's combined with movement.
Cold Therapy Therapeutic Uses:
- Prevention of leg swelling for people who stand or sit for long periods of time
- Effective delivery of cold/heat to a targeted area of the body
- Management of varicose veins
- Used to treat Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Improves healing of leg ulcers & prevents them from coming back
- Maintenance therapy for lymphedema
- Improvement in chronic venous insufficiency & ulcer recurrence in older adults
“I have had a total of six knee operations including a total replacement. I never ever had the relief from pain and swelling after surgery that I experienced using your product. It enabled me to avoid pain medication almost entirely.”