Ab Binder / Lumbar Support Wrap
Goes over the surgical dressing to effectively penetrate the area and decrease pain/edema. Two frozen gel bags, enclosed in a white antimicrobial bandage layer, stay firmly in place. Two additional gel bags are included to allow for continuous cold therapy.
- Versatile design provides support, compression, cold therapy and/or heat therapy to the upper and lower abdomen or lumbar pain/swelling area
- Designed for self-application if necessary
- Allows full mobility while being used
- Common uses: Post-operative pain & swelling relief, physical therapy, sports injuries & chronic pain relief
- Antimicrobial liner that wicks moisture
- Recommended HCPCS Code: L0625
Made in the USA • One size fits most
*See Features & Benefits below for more information.
Features & Benefits
- Gel Pouch Liners are Antimicrobial
- Wicks Away Moisture
- Keeps Surgical Site Dry
- Acts as a Barrier Between Gel Bag & Skin
100% Mobility - Not Tethered to Any Cooler or Ice Bag
COLD 4 HOURS
- SMI Gel Bags Cool the Targeted Area for 3+ Hours
- Mini-Ice Pillows Maintain a Safe, Continuous Therapeutic Temp
- Non-Toxic Formula Allows Gel Bag to Mold Perfectly to Target Area.
- Moisture Wicking Fabric Keeps Condensation Away for Comfort
- Synthetic Fibers Won't Harbor Harmful Bacteria
- Hand/Machine Washable (AIR DRY ONLY)
4-Way Stretch for Effective Compression & Fit
- Extra Wide Proprietary Straps
- Provide Superior Compression
- Hold Wrap in Place for Ambulation
- Reduce Edema
- Comfortable Without Reducing Circulation
Click on an image to view, print or download the document.
SMI offers 3 types of proven therapies in one easy-to-use product:
Cold Therapy • Heat Therapy • Compression Therapy
Also known as Cryotherapy, Cold Therapy is used mainly for joint pain and aches. It reduces blood flow to the area of the body to which it's applied. This reduces the inflammation that leads to pain and can also temporarily reduce nerve activity. Additional effects include controlling hemorrhage, preventing edema (swelling) and blocking pain receptors.
Cold Therapy Therapeutic Uses:
- Reduce or stop bleeding
- Slow bacterial activity
- Relieve postoperative pain following surgical procedure, dental surgeries, headaches, or muscle or joint injury.
- Prevent swelling in injured tissues
- Prevent peristalsis in patients with abdominal inflammation
- Reduce bruising
- Control pain and fluid loss in the initial treatment of burns
- Diminish muscle contraction and spasm
Heat Therapy is used mainly for muscle pain and aches. It helps improve blood flow and circulation to an injured area and helps to relieve discomfort while improving muscle flexibility for recovery. Heat Therapy can also heal damaged tissue. Heat causes vasodilation of the blood vessels, which increases blood flow to the area of application. This in turn, increases the amount of oxygen, nutrients, and white blood cells delivered to the body tissues. In addition, vasodilation assists in the removal of waste products from injured tissues.
Heat Therapy Therapeutic Uses:
- Relieve localized pain, stiffness, or aching in joints or muscles
- Decrease muscle spasm and tightness
- Increase muscle flexibility
- Increase blood flow to the area
- Promote wound healing
- Reduce inflammation
Compression Therapy uses controlled pressure to increase blood flow to certain areas and improve blood flow to the heart. It supports veins and decreases edema (swelling). Compression Therapy is found to be the most effective when it's combined with movement.
Cold Therapy Therapeutic Uses:
- Prevention of leg swelling for people who stand or sit for long periods of time
- Effective delivery of cold/heat to a targeted area of the body
- Management of varicose veins
- Used to treat Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Improves healing of leg ulcers & prevents them from coming back
- Maintenance therapy for lymphedema
- Improvement in chronic venous insufficiency & ulcer recurrence in older adults
“The SMI wrap is a high quality, straight-forward solution to pain management.”